Monday, January 9, 2012

Drawing With Color

All of these pieces are from the class I took with Tony Janello. I had a really hard time figuring out what I wanted to do, and in the end I just ditched the series I had been struggling to develop all semester and focused instead on enjoying the process of just drawing. It was a nice lesson for me to learn that not everything has to have a meaning, that I can draw just for the hell of it so my mind can relax and have fun.

This is the series I eventually gave up on...





this was my attempt to digitally alter the crayon drawing

1 comment:

  1. The step by step layering thing is awesome! They look like they can be stand alone pieces. I like how the 5th and 6th one turned out. Looks raw and incomplete but yet finished at the same time. Kind of like a beautiful partly finished structure. Still amazing to look at regardless of being incomplete. And I really like the blue/purple hue. Like a goddess! Sexy.

    ReplyDelete